Int. Ph.D. Programme
IISER Pune offers integrated PhD (i-PhD) as a research programme with a blend of course work (2 years) and research projects to students who have completed a Bachelors' degree in any branch of science. On successful completion, students will be awarded both a Masters of Science and a PhD degree.
Admissions to the i-PhD Programme (commencing August 2018)
Only online applications will be accepted.
The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
Last date of Application will be displayed here soon.
After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact: email@example.com with your application number mentioned on the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for Integrated PhD program. However, if selected, their admission would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st August 2018.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of applications received, respective departments may use additional criteria (like academic performance and/or ranking in respective national level tests like JAM / NBHM / JEST) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
- There will be two rounds of interviews. Shortlisted candidates from round one will be called for a second round of interview. Candidates should come prepared to stay for at least two days when they come for the interview.
Click the links below to know more about the eligibility criteria and application details of respective disciplines:
Eligibility: List of candidates eligible to apply based on their JGEEBILS score can be found here. Listed candidates will receive a link to the iPhD application form via email.If you are on the above list but have bot received an email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on this application form and the below listed criteria applicants will be shortlisted for an interview. Candidates selected for the interview will receive a separate email to appear for the interview at the IISER Pune campus.
1) 60% marks (in aggregate) or equivalent CGPA for General/OBC (55% or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST) in Bachelor's or equivalent degree in any in any one of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences / Biodiversity / Chemistry / Ecology and Environmental Sciences / Mathematics / Physics / Pharmacy / Medical Sciences / Engineering (BE/BTech).
2) Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the Bachelor's degree with the above mentioned requirements at the time of admission. (Scheduled to be 1st August 2018)
3) Only online applications are accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected. All correspondence should be only through email to email@example.com ONLY.Candidates shortlisted for interview
Tentative dates of Interview: April 2-4, 2018
Click here to read about research in Biological Sciences @ IISER Pune. You can also check the Biology Brochure out.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for queries.
1. Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in B. Sc. (General / B.Sc. majoring in Chemistry, Physics & Biology) and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Chemistry starting August 2018.
2. Candidates with rank No. 800 or less in JAM (Chemistry) 2018 can apply for the Integrated Ph. D. program in Chemistry.
1. Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying degree, who have appeared/about to appear for the final exams can also apply for Int. PhD program. If selected for admission to the program, the candidate will be given provisional admission subjected to completing the qualifying degree, as per the criteria specified above, before August 1, 2018.
2. Applying to integrated Ph. D. program in Chemistry does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for the interview. The department may use additional criteria in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received (e.g., JAM ranking).
Online application form (Form opens on: March 21,2018)
Last date for Application submission: April 18,2018
Tentative dates of Interview: June 11-13, 2018Please email email@example.com for queries
1. Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in B.Sc. any specialization or B. Tech, and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Mathematics 2018.
2. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview on the basis of their score / ranking in:-
(a) JAM 2018 in MA or MS only
(b) NBHM 2018
Applications will be open from March 21 to April 5, 2018 (Link to application form will be available here)
Tentative dates for Interviews: June 7-9, 2018Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for queries.
Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in B.Sc./B.Tech/B.E
Rank better than or equal to 500 in either JAM (Physics) 2018 or JEST (Physics) 2018
General queries regarding admissions may be addressed email@example.com
Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the PhD Program at IISER Mohali in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences, for the session beginning in January 2018. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/JGEEBILS (TIFR/NCBS)/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
Detailed criteria set by individual departments for PhD admissions:
Department of Biological Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc./ B. Tech/ MBBS/ M. Tech or equivalent degree and should have a valid GATE(Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Ecology and Evolution) / CSIR-UGC-NET/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Department of Chemical Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc. degree in Chemistry/ Physics (with a minimum of 55% marks) or equivalent degree and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Chemistry/ Physics.
Department of Mathematical Sciences: The applicant must have qualified one of the following examinations GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET/NBHM-JRF with Mathematics as the primary subject. Applicants who have obtained the DST-INSPIRE fellowship must have taken Mathematics as their primary subject during their Master's programme. Only applicants with an outstanding academic record and exceptional qualifications will be considered for admission.
Department of Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ JEST/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Physics. The student must have a good academic record in M.Sc. (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.)
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences: The applicant should have M.Sc./ B.Tech/ M. Tech in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/Chemistry/ Physics/ Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biotechnology and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Application procedure : Prospective candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility”. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.
Last date : The online application facility will be open till 12.00 noon, October 20, 2017.
- Last Updated: