Many of today’s job applicants fail to see the importance of the classic cover letter. Even though technology has changed the hiring process, it is still recommended to write a cover letter for each individual job posting. With this free finance manager cover letter sample, you can see that this document is important in the financial industry as well. Your cover letter’s purpose is to make an introduction and to show your interest. Most of all, your letter can help convince an employer to put your qualifications into top consideration.
Free Finance Manager Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mr. Caldwell,
A company’s path to success can be made smoother if the accounting is in order and effective. For the past 15 years, this fact has driven my career in accounting and finance. I believe I would be the perfect candidate for the finance manager position at your organization.
Throughout my career, I have contributed to cost reduction across the board. I’ve been able to do this by analyzing the costs from the competition and auditing past financial records. Because of my success with reducing costs, I was consistently rewarded with promotions and strong performance reviews.
As a finance manager in my previous place of employment, I managed a new team of accountants. I was able to create the structure for my team and standard procedures to help smooth out the budgeting process. With my team, we were able to work together to diminish waste throughout the organization.
My abilities and strength in finance would make a great addition to your team. I am interested in coming in to speak to you personally for an interview. Thank you for taking the time to review my qualifications.
What to Include in a Finance Manager Cover Letter
If you’re not sure where to begin when writing your cover letter, look at an example, such as this free finance manager cover letter sample. In the sample you’ll see how to start off strong and confidently, give more specific details about your talents in the body, and conclude with suggesting the next steps to the hiring manager. You can tailor your individual document further with details from the job posting.
Industry Specifics to Include
In order to get your cover letter to truly stand out, you need to focus on key attributes that get people hired in the finance industry. Use the free finance manager cover letter sample for a few ideas, and try including some additional qualities about yourself, such as these:
• Analytical Skills: Finance managers must look at facts and figures and interpret the meaning in order to help the company reach its goals.
• Communication Ability: Financial industry workers must be able to communicate with their fellow workers orally and in writing.
• Attention to Detail: The smallest details matter in the accounting industry. Neglecting these details could lead to disaster.
• Math Proficiency: Finally, your math skills must be advanced in order to be successful in finance. You’ll need knowledge of complex formulas and calculations.
Finance Manager Cover Letter
Finance Managers enable management and clients to make informed business decisions by offering financial support and advice. Essential responsibilities of a Finance Manager include gathering and analyzing financial data, forecasting future trends, developing business plans, making recommendations to improve business performance, mitigating financial risk, finding ways to reduce costs, and studying financial legislation. These professionals need to be deadline oriented so they deliver financial records in time.
Our collection of cover letter samples for Finance Managers showcases the following required skills:
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Persuasion and negotiation abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An investigative manner and observation spirit
- Computer proficiency
Below is provided a cover letter example displaying comparable qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Finance Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Joseph:
As a successful professional with more than 11 years of experience leading strategic corporate financial plans and directions, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Vaia Holdings to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Finance Manager role.
My experience lies in driving teams through the development and implementation of strategic financial procedures and systems while establishing effective processes to drive business success. My demonstrated ability to supervise corporate financial and budgetary development—along with my expertise in developing and introducing new policies and procedures to optimize departmental efficiency and productivity—positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your organization.
Highlights of my expertise include the following:
- Directing a range of functional and operational finance management tasks, including strategic business planning, financial statement preparation and analysis, reconciliation, audits / tax strategies, budget and variance analysis, cash flow management, forecasting, and capital expenditure management.
- Establishing corporate financial strategies through dynamic participation on key executive committee, facilitating revenue enhancement and profit growth.
- Developing, training, and managing staff to increase technical skills and enhance overall operations and performance.
- Demonstrating confidence, motivation, and superior communication skills.
With my experience in corporate financial direction and team leadership, combined with my exceptional accounting and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail.