Medical Administrative Assistant with extensive hands-on experience in providing administrative support to complex medical groups and health clinics. Skilled in managing front office functions, including customer service, patient appointments, billing and collections, and records management. Success in optimizing delivery of care by automating charting systems and continuously measuring performance metrics. Seeking to take next career step in health administration with a respected organization dedicated to providing high-level care to diverse patient populations.
- Partner with practice managers to devise and monitor metrics and related tools to evaluate and improve health delivery systems.
- Utilize population-based health principles to create healthy people, communities, and fit-and-ready force.
- Conduct monthly chart audits for family practice, primary care, pediatrics, and internal medicine.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create and implement preventative initiatives; developed and initiated preventative disease management plans for cervical cancer and colon cancer-eligible populations.
- Leverage strategic alliances to perform patient data pulls and disseminate information.
- Generate detailed reports focusing on patient outcomes to facilitate decision-making and influence process improvement, program development, and long-range planning.
- Managed all front office activities to optimize facility workflows and patient management and provide comprehensive administrative support clinical and office manager, including appointment management, billing and collections, office administration, and customer service.
- Addressed and responded to incoming/outgoing calls and correspondence.
- Created and maintained confidential patient files; implemented EHR systems to automate patient records management.
- Trained new and existing staff on new computer systems and facilitated communication between clinic and system support specialists.
- Collected, processed, and compiled annual service plan notices to clients within 14 days of annual meeting; processed 2,000+ client plans annually while performing routine plan updates.
- Actualized change management strategies to streamline merger between Carlsbad Mental Health Authority and Carlsbad Regional Center in 2006.
- EMR and EHR Management
- Program Management
- Workflow Optimization
- Schedule Management
- Medical Terminology
- Performance Metrics
- Accounts Receivable and Insurance Billing
- Staff Development and Coaching
Certificate: Medical Coding, Allied Medical School, Online – 2008
Medical Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Administrative Assistants coordinate activities in a clinical office and ensure the smooth running of various operations. Most of the duties performed by Medical Administrative Assistants are clerical, but they can also be expected to handle some basic clinical duties. Responsibilities include: greeting visitors, collecting patient information, directing patients to exam rooms, sending specimens to the laboratory, maintaining daily schedule, answering to client inquiries, handling the correspondence, attending clinical meetings, updating patient information, and ordering supplies.
Examples of qualifications mentioned in a typical Medical Administrative Assistant cover letter include:
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Organization and planning
- Customer service skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Fast typing and computer skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Those interested in a Medical Administrative Assistant position can check relevant skills in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Byler:
Upon learning of your search for an experienced Medical Administrative Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a personable, efficient, and highly organized professional with proven expertise in general administrative support in medical settings, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your office’s goals and objectives.
My experience includes nine years of performing diverse administrative tasks to ensure seamless office operations in various health care facilities. From updating patient records and verifying insurance coverage to scheduling patients and maintaining supply levels, I excel at facilitating optimal patient experiences while simultaneously maximizing office productivity and efficiency.
A few of my professional achievements include…
- Performing comprehensive administrative activities—including phone coverage, correspondence, front desk support, records maintenance, and billing functions—while adhering to internal procedures and HIPPA regulations.
- Possessing a strong grasp of extensive medical terminology as well as a diversified proficiency in various technological programs.
- Holding a solid work ethic while demonstrating an unwavering commitment to delivering outstanding support within fast-paced, patient-centric environments.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
My skills in general administrative support—coupled with my collaborative abilities, reliability, and positive attitude—position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. I would be pleased to offer more insight into my qualifications. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jonathan I. Eugene